Do you want to be responsible for the creation of data products to accelerate Vattenfall’s digital transformation strategy?
Your job as a DevOps Engineer Customer Analytics
As a DevOps Engineer Customer Analytics within our Customer IT department your goal is to create the data infrastructure in a simple and efficient matter. You will create, administrate, operate and continuously improve the central data platform for customer data in NL.
- Daily monitoring
- Incident management
- User management (including onboarding)
- Developing monitoring/incident dashboards (PowerBI) + alerting
- Desktop support (custom installations on laptops)
- Update and maintain VM’s (and potential other services in the Data Platform)
Your stack will, amongst others, consist of Azure related services (i.e.: Azure tooling, Snowflake, SHIR, Matillion, Spark, ARM). DevOps Engineers will work closely with their developer colleagues working in Scrum Team, as well as with our business partners in Sales, Marketing, Finance and Customer Solutions. Will you help them getting better insight in our customers’ demands? Feel energized? Great! Then read on because there is more in it for you.
Our contribution towards fossil free living within one generation
In Vattenfall IT, we:
- Accelerate digitalization and innovation
- Create customer value in a close business and IT partnership to reach the “Power Climate Smarter Living” vision
- Promote the mindset and behavior to establish a learning culture and positive digital mindset
- Run stable, secure, efficient and compliant IT services
Your profile as a DevOps Data Engineer Customer Analytics
You are an analytical person who enjoys solving complex problems and delivering end-to-end solutions. You have a hands-on mentality and feel committed to the goals and deliverables of the team (local and international). You have very good communication skills and can work independently. You know how to prioritize and manage expectations. As a DevOps Engineer, you’re also very keen to learn new tools in software development and you have a continuous improvement mindset and an Agile way of working is nothing new for you. Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in the Data area
- You have an academic degree, preferably in Computer Science or comparable
- You have hands-on knowledge working with Azure, BI solutions and ELT/ ETL
- You have experience and can create data ingestion solutions and integration to source systems (e.g. SSIS, SHIR, Azure Sync, Oracle, MSQL, Matillion)
- You can program in scripting languages such as PowerShell and have hands-on experience with building and maintaining release pipelines with ARM
- If you need to do work more than twice, you raise the eyebrow and implement an automatic solution
- You have basic knowledge in the area of (distributed) IT infrastructure and cloud computing (e.g. DNS, IP-networks, routing, firewall, database, Active Directory, IT security, service principles)
- Interest, affinity and experience in Data solution, Data warehousing, data platforms
What do we offer?
A challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. You get the chance to work with the latest cloud technologies (data streaming, docker, web scraping). Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere! Everyone is really committed, and we want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration (lots of leave days!), attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. In our team we promote smart working. Meaning you can easily combine your working life with your private situation to ensure a healthy work life balance. We also offer you a central office location (Amsterdam, close to Bijlmer Arena station) with easy access, and working from home is also possible. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company. We can offer you Microsoft courses, trainings and many career opportunities. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore, we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Our core values are open, active, positive and safety.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20.000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Vattenfall IT is part of the Strategic Development department. We accelerate the journey to become fossil free within one generation. We have a view of the future, and together with the business set the path for Vattenfall. Every day, we deliver to make sure that Vattenfall runs ever more effectively and efficiently. We drive initiatives for Vattenfall through collaboration: within Strategic Development; with our colleagues in the business; and with outside partners. Trust from our stakeholders; holistic perspective; and strong competence are key assets and critical success factors.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter, before the 24th of December, 2020. For more questions about the process, you are welcome to contact Recruiter Christiaan van der Horst via firstname.lastname@example.org