Are you ready for your next challenge?
Our vision is to create novel and highly differentiated medicines. To this end, we discover and develop novel therapeutic antibodies and next generation biologics, such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins. Our ambition is to deliver such novel molecules to patients with game changing clinical benefit.
We are looking for a new department head Computational Engineering & Data Science with a keen interest in the fields of drug discovery and development who will manage a team of up to 8 scientists. The department belongs to a unit called Large Molecule Research within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). This position therefore offers the opportunity to interact with numerous functions within Roche also at different sites to deliver novel medicines to patients.
Your team in a nutshell:
You will be leading a team of employees within a functional matrix of highly skilled and experienced Scientists.
The job in a nutshell:
Leadership position in a fast-paced environment and rapidly changing RnD organization.
The main tasks of this position:
- You are responsible for the strategic and personal management of the Computational Engineering & Data Science department and delivery of results to project teams
- In this context, your department drives and contributes to the advancement of next-generation antibody design and the expansion into new modalities to broaden our therapeutic options.
- You move forward the digital transformation process by continuously advancing and improving the data analysis, data mining and data integration capabilities of the organization including high throughput data analysis together with partner functions. The team’s responsibility is to deliver sophisticated data analyses and machine learning approaches as well as the generation of novel IT tools for the entire discovery process.
- You establish and nurture effective partnerships with collaborating internal units such as pREDi (research informatics)
- You ensure optimal project workflows, also with regard to their prioritization, planning and controlling of costs and investment budget
- You initiate external collaborations while exploring technology development
- You contribute to positioning the division and department both internally as well as externally as a renowned center of excellence through regular publications, presentations at international congresses and patent registrations
And some more details about the position you should know!
- You are part of a team that shapes and implements Large Molecule Research strategy.
- You will be member of local and global governance boards where you represent the department or even main department.
- You closely collaborate within a global company
- You will be leading, developing and supporting a highly ambitious team.
That is why it is very important for us that your toolbox contains the following:
Team player spirit: you enjoy working in a team where there are no single heroes and both successes as well as failures are accounted for by the whole team.
Curiosity and drive: you are willing to suggest and try new ideas by your own initiative. You take ownership and are able to engage people to work on something new.
Leadership skills: you have a genuine interest in people, excellent communication skills and the willingness to make and drive decisions.
Strategic thinking: you see the big picture, take changes as an opportunity to grow, understand the processes end-to-end and are able to take care of diverse interfaces.
Presentation skills: you are used to present yourself and your work in English in a clear and compelling way before big audiences and management boards.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- Abitur or equivalent graduation diploma
- University degree in chemistry, biochemistry, (bio)physics, biology or bioinformatics with PhD
- People leadership, matrix leadership, project management, stakeholder management, change management & clear, concise and confident communication/messaging to different audiences
- Fluent English language skills
- Advanced IT and bioinformatics skills (MS Office; relevant modeling software, e.g. PyMol, Discovery Studio; programming skills, e.g. Python, Perl, or R, C/C++) or other programming languages)
- Special knowledge in the field of computational biology, structure-based molecular design / modeling for antibodies and other biologics. Broad expertise in data sciece incl. artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)-based methodologies and advanced statistical tools
- Ideally, successful software development track record (machine learning, molecular dynamics, antibody analysis (developability, PKPD prediction, immunogenicity prediction).
We look forward receiving your application!
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV. A motivation letter is also not needed.
Whom to contact
E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß +498856/60 19253
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ.
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).