The Logistics Manager actively leads improvements to simplify and enhance the customer experience with our logistics program. In this leadership role, the manager is responsible for building and developing an exceptional logistics team supporting our Industrial Quality and Research (IQR) program consisting of Metrology Solutions and Microscopy divisions.
In addition, this role is responsible for assuring compliance of export and import requirements, in alignment with Government regulations; implementation and adherence to global corporate policies and procedures; carrier selection and performance management; and creating value by annually reducing transportation and damaged freight costs.
- Communicate company and department goals and strategy to teams on a regular basis.
- Plan and execute training and development of direct reports.
- Monitor capacities and resources in alignment with company strategic targets.
- Develop, cultivate and promote leadership skills within the logistics team.
- Ensures legal compliance and provide import/export administration controls as well as maintain the applicable rules and laws of shipping hazardous goods to include any licensing.
- Provide/facilitate employee training as necessary to stay current and compliant.
- Implements, reviews, audits internal processes for all regulatory requirements including document retention, required reporting details, ACE filing, etc.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing local company policies
- Work closely with global peers on implementation and adherence to global corporate policies and procedures
- Develop and implement a comprehensive carrier strategy that consists of spend review, SWOT analysis, risk, short, mid, and long-term action items for improvement
- Effectively manage supplier selection to meet quality, service, delivery, cost, risk mitigation, and supplier capabilities to meet requirements.
- Actively negotiate agreements with suppliers to address quality, delivery, price, or service discrepancies.
- Effectively communicate and engage a wide range of ZEISS leadership levels and cross functional teams
- BS/BA preferred or five years, demonstrated work experience applying traffic and import/export regulations and policies.
- Five to Eight years of experience in managing a logistics organization within the machine and/or tooling industry.
- Proven ability to drive multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills oriented to group collaboration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of import and export trade regulations, INCOterms and classifications (HTSUS, ECCN, Schedule B)
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.