Do you have a passion for helping customers implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping customers build their understanding of new platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a project on a trajectory to success? Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Solutions Architects bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge computing, data analytics, and serverless technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility problems facing customers across Germany? Do you want to be a key part of a growing, world-class team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading technology platform?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect Manager to manage a team of Solutions Architects (SAs) in Germany and to be a hands-on leader-by-example. You would help accelerate our growth as part of the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and disruptive technology companies in the world today.
As a Solution Architect Manager within WWPS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of services such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Relational Data Service, Amazon DynamoDB, and over 100 more.
Your responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagements with customers and solution providers (systems integrators and ISVs), helping to define architectures, responding to RFPs, standing up demonstration and proof-of-concept systems, and achieving ultimate success around specific technical projects.
To achieve those goals—and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, and application architecture – you will have expertise in technologies, and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the platform. In addition, you will lead and mentor a team of highly talented SAs, helping them to set and surpass their own goals.
The ideal candidate will…
· Enjoy working with customers and partners. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers and partners.
· Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working in a technical management role and prior experience as an architect and systems or software engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the Public Sector.
· Have great management skills. You will hire and lead a team of SAs, and must have great people management, mentoring, and hiring skills. You will assess the strengths of your team members, guide them in setting, achieving, and surpassing their goals, and help them to develop professionally to the next level of excellence. You will do all that while maintaining an active personal engagement in the same kind of work at the same kind of high level that you expect from your team.
You will have the technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical “face” of within our solution providers’ ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers. You will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as having the technical background that enables you to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and system architects.
The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, the candidate will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high quality technical talent.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· A strong career history in software design and development and/or IT and networking /consulting experience in relevant markets
· Experience of technical management in a customer-facing organisation, including rapidly scaling a team and evolving organisational design
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Fluent in German and English
· Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
· Highly technical and analytical, possess software design and development and/or IT and networking /consulting experience in relevant markets
· Experience working within software development or internet industries is highly desired
· Working knowledge of software development and engineering practices as well as internet/web and web services technologies highly desired
· Web services development experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, software engineering experience, etc.
· Operational experience with website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience.
· Business understanding of computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, RFP/acquisition support; advisory/consulting experience with governmental customers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.