Carl Zeiss X-Ray Microscopy, Inc - a leading developer of 3D X-ray computed tomography solutions for imaging micro and nanoscale structures in research and industry, is looking for a talented individual to support the Manufacturing Operations in a Manufacturing Technician 1 capacity. Experience in assembly process, packaging, and using written procedures and assembly drawings, as well as the use of MS Office software is required. This is a highly visible position, and the candidate should have experience with similar responsibilities, and be able to bring leadership and structure to a dynamic, fast paced environment requiring confidence and excellent communication skills.
The Manufacturing Technician 1 is responsible for the accurate and efficient assembly of X-Ray microscopes consisting of electrical/mechanical sub-systems using work instructions and/or assembly drawings. This position will require troubleshooting of assembly issues and reworking of some discrepant parts. In addition to meeting all required specifications, the assembly work needs to be completed within the estimated time frame, so that production schedules can be met. When the instrument is ready to be prepped for shipment, the Manufacturing Technician 1 will work with the Final Test personnel to ensure the packaging and crating processes are followed to ensure the highest quality instrument will ship out to the end customer. This position will work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering team, Production Management, Production Control, and the Operations staff. All of these activities are to be performed with a solid work ethic that highlights the following values: Customer & Business Partner Success, Results Driven, Integrity, Technical Leadership, Teamwork and Quality & Reliability.
- HS Diploma or higher along with a minimum of 0-2 years of industry experience in a similar role
- Being able to work in a fast paced Manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit excellent time management skills
- Must be organized and a self starter
- Creativity and a solid work ethic a must
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and complete complex tasks
- Relies on sound judgment and experience to meet unwritten quality & performance requirements
- Good computer skills are required. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook is desired.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.