- Kennziffer: PAG-A-1616431230-E
- Einstiegsart: Abschlussarbeit
- Einsatzort: Weissach
- Gesellschaft: Porsche AG
Join our expert team of engineers and researchers to work on the future of automotive user interfaces. You will take on responsibility in an exciting project from day 1 and be able to contribute your ideas while getting to know the Porsche spirit.
For the next generation of automotive user interface systems, it will be essential to have a profound understanding of the user interface display and operating behavior. Information we can gain through sensors & external APIs are the enabler for an optimized user interface, hence a more performant driver experience. One factor is being able to recognize display and control patterns under dynamic conditions, thus real-life environments.
The master thesis aims for an automated solution to recognize operating patterns for classified display & control sequences on a large naturalistic driving data set of vehicle bus information.
The exact structure of the thesis will be defined with the thesis student and the university.
- Research on the state of science in the area of Deep Learning (LSTM, CNN architectures), Time Series Classification, Representation Learning
- Appropriate feature engineering and sensor fusion of multivariate time streams
- Fuse high-dimensional multivariate time series data ranging from continuous, categorical and textual input variables
- Implementation of state-of-the-art machine learning models
- Cleaning of data, visualization and processing of results
- Analysis of existing algorithms regarding statistical efficiency, technological feasibility and prediction quality
- Analysis of applied algorithms under human-computer interaction aspects
Start: as of now
Duration: 6 months
- Studies in engineering or natural sciences (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, etc.), ideally with a focus on machine learning, data science, information technology, quantitative methods
- Qualified knowledge in the field of Machine Learning (e.g. with Python, CNN) and experience in dealing with large data sets
- Very good programming skills (C/C++, Python, etc.)
- Ideally, first experience with a deep learning framework, e.g. TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Ideally experience with implementing prototypical ML and (mobile) UI applications in practice (for example with tensorflow.js)
- Very good written and spoken English
- Passion to learn and apply new programming languages and technology concepts
- Analytical thinking, structured and independent way of working, creativity and the motivation to grow with challenges
“In the beginning, I looked around and could not find quite the car I dreamed of. So I decided to build it myself.”
This quote from Ferdinand Porsche sums up what Porsche is as a brand, as a company, as a car manufacturer and as an employer. The “Porsche idea” has produced unique sports cars, such as the Porsche 356 and the 911. With the combination of tradition, innovation and our employees` Porsche typical – sometimes unconventional – ways of thinking, we make automobile dreams come true and always have that “little bit more” in our sights. But Porsche is more than “just” an exclusive sports car producer. Because Porsche has a lot to offer as an employer as well: numerous entry and career opportunities, measures for combining work and family, and flexible working hours.
Regardless of what others do, we are always striving to redefine our limits and set standards. But all of this can only be achieved today and in the future with employees and management who always have an eye for more than the standard. What does that look like? Get to know your future colleagues.
You will find exclusive insights into the Porsche working world on our jobs and careers profiles on social media:
Please complete our online application form and attach all your application documents, including cover letter, CV, work and education certificates and any other necessary certificates. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail.
Applicants from the European Economic Area applying for an internship in Germany must have an identity card or passport. Applicants from outside the European Economic Area must have a residence and, if necessary, work permit for the duration of the internship.
You can find more information about applications to Porsche here.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities whose integration is of particular importance to us.
Our application hotline, on 0711/911-22 911, is open Monday to Friday from 14.00 to 18.00 for any questions you may have about applications to Porsche.