Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark,Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to become fossil free within one generation.
The Material Technology and Corrosion Protection Department within Foundations is the expert hub for steel, coating and cathodic corrosion protection throughout the whole lifecycle of foundations and towers. We build on continuous improvement and entrepreneurial mind-set in order to set the standard for future windfarms.
In addition you will have to engage and work with internal stakeholders, neighbouring departments and roadmap teams for product development where you are supposed to bring your experience and knowledge in.
Furthermore, the main responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of CP systems performance in our spinning assets incl. root cause analysis and acting as Project Manager in this regard
- Full responsibility for all cathodic corrosion protection systems as Technical Authority across the current and future portfolio
- Product Development of cathodic CP system setup in conjunction with applied paint systems for future assets
- Support Operation and Maintenance with technical assessments, system operation guidance, trouble shooting and retro-fitting
- Support project teams during the tender phase in technical negotiations
- Phrase and maintain technical specifications and requirements for cathodic protection systems and coating
- Your role includes sparring with coating experts within the MaTCoP department
- Share your knowledge and experience and deal with different stakeholders across the organisation
- Set deliverables, meet deadlines and prepare documentation for internal processes
- Bring in ideas which contribute to our LEC leadership in the market
- Be an integral, loyal open and honest team member within Material Technology and Corrosion Protection
- Review and assess in-house structural design in regards to corrosion protection
You are a mechanical or chemical engineer down to the bone, but you also have the ability to see things from a helicopter perspective. You can advise, help and guide based on your knowledge and experience. You have an innovative mind-set and you can see yourself working in an environment where we value entrepreneurship, the pragmatic approach and helpfulness in the daily work. You can work self-dependent while sharing knowledge both in the team but also within the organisation and at the same time you are result-oriented and eager to meet deadlines. You show initiative and have a flexible approach to your work. You have strong interpersonal skills supporting the integrity of our expert team. You can communicate technical messages in a clear and constructive way both internally but also to external partners. In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
- M.Sc in mechanical or chemical engineering or equivalent (e.g. Dipl. Ing.), ideally specialized in Material Technology or Material Science
- In-depth cathodic protection and coating knowledge, including ability to design and challenge designs for such
- Experience with design/execution/operation and maintenance of cathodic CP systems (both anodes and impressed current)
- Coating Inspection certificate like NACE or Frosio is preferred but not mandatory
- 10+ years of experience within oil & gas and/ or offshore renewables
- Experienced in application and background of codes and standards such as:
- EC, especially DIN EN 1090
- but also generally: DIN, DNV, ISO, API and Norsok
- Project management experience such as IMPA or equivalent is preferred but not mandatory
- You are completely fluent in English, both in speech and writing, basic German is a nice to have
We offer a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has slightly more than 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is 100%-owned by the Swedish state.
Business Unit Offshore is responsible to manage and operate all Offshore wind parks as well as Offshore wind projects with regards to development, construction and execution within the Region Continental/UK.
Office will be Kolding, Denmark or Hamburg, Germany alternatively but occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to receiving your application!