Assignment period:10/01/2020 - 12/31/2020
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) is a new international institution developing and promoting Sustainable Chemistry solutions worldwide. ISC3 is set up by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU) and the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA). The ISC3 promotes Sustainable Chemistry as a holistic approach for the creation of marketable value that uses environmentally and socially sustainable alternatives. Delivered at scale, this approach will create new business and job opportunities and contribute towards the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ISC3 has established a Research & Education Hub at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg and an Innovation Hub at DECHEMA in Frankfurt. An international network of partners and hub will be established in the next years to strengthen the international cooperation on Sustainable Chemistry.
- Work within the ISC3 to support the implementation and development of the new Capacity Development Program
- Screen GIZ departments for capacity development activities close to Sustainable Chemistry (e.g. waste & chemicals management, circular economy, climate mitigation, ...)
- (Co-)organize exchange with GIZ partners
- Research on actors, topics and examples in the field of chemistry, sustainability and innovation
- Support the preparation of presentations, lectures and communication materials
- Student/Graduate in the field of professional or industrial training, Capacity Development, Sustainable Development or comparable degree program
- Personal interest in sustainable development. Initial knowledge and interest in the topics Sustainable and Green Chemistry, clean technologies and circular/green economy
- Intercultural mindset and interest in interdisciplinary work
- You have very good knowledge of written and spoken English (working language of the ISC3) and are native speaker of German
- Good MS Office knowledge
- Creativity and enjoyment of high-tech, industrial topics, chemistry and life-sciences
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Cinquemani (email@example.com ).