At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring a Principal Engagement Manager to manage large-scale, transformational programs with the high tech industry's largest companies. The Principal Engagement Manager leads a combined team of AWS ProServe engagement managers and consultants, and also partner and customer resources, to deliver digital transformation projects that follow Amazons' innovation tenets. As the overall program lead, you will drive stakeholder alignment, build team cohesion, and manage program and project risks while working with the Global Account Manager and Enterprise Service Manager. You will accelerate cloud innovation and adoption, lead cloud development best practices, and prioritize the delivery of customer use cases.
AWS engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners while providing collective AWS experience, best practices, and obsessing about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to facilitate access to product service teams, deliver the right solutions for our customers, and drive feature innovations for the entire high tech industry. These engagements focus on the full spectrum of AWS customer solutions that help our customers and partners accelerate the journey to AWS.
· Large-scale Program Management – Lead a large, global delivery team comprised of AWS, partner, customer resources. Work as a strategic business partner at the senior executive level to help customers drive innovation and achieve business outcomes
· Training – Teach our delivery framework to customers, partners and internal team members, while continuously improving our methodology
· Partnering – Promote partner participation in programs to facilitate growth across the partner ecosystem
· Delivery – Plan complex programs with integrated workstreams that span multiple customer lines of business (LoBs), properly communicate project status and financials to senior executive customer stakeholders, manage a team of Engagement Managers and delivery consultants, and ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of individual projects within the overall program
· Feedback - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback
· A Bachelor's of Science degree in IT, Engineering, or related field
· 15+ years of IT consulting experience, with demonstrated IT Transformation experience in customer-facing roles.
· Experience working with large global multi-national companies
· Consistently demonstrated success developing and delivering customer outcomes from digital transformation solutions.
· A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects, cloud migrations, and industry solutions
· High Tech Domain expertise, Industry 4.0 solutions leveraging emerging technologies such as AI/ML, IOT, and Data Analytics.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven success managing executive customer relationship and key business stakeholders
· Be mobile and travel to client locations globally as needed. Estimated 50-75% annual travel requirement
· Masters in IT, MBA, or related field
· Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
· Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL).
· Broad enterprise systems technology experience including Cloud, SAP, Oracle, and custom application development.
· Designing, building, and operating global IT processes and infrastructures.
· Industry speaker, published articles and blogs, patent holder.