As Principal Solutions Architect, you will be the Thought Leader for the entire RUS-CIS region and all of Amazon Web Services (AWS) existing and potential customers. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, just to name a few).
Your broad responsibilities will include: mentoring an elite technical team; aligning to support priorities of the larger customer facing team; working closely with account management and business development roles to help grow the AWS business; support technical engagements and help refining AWS methodology to drive broad adoption of the AWS platform; ensuring the team has deep expertise in AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate possesses a track record of developing and mentoring senior technical professionals; supporting and working in close partnership with account management and other functions to plan and execute the AWS strategy; customer facing skills that will allow them to facilitate relationship within the customer’s environment especially with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
This position is based in Munich, Germany.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop and mentor a senior team of Solutions Architects
· Serve as a key member of the team responsible for supporting the business
· Serve as a key member of the customer facing team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
· Suggest and implement programs and initiatives for the country/regional Solutions Architecture team
· Help prioritize activities of the larger team; suggest the scope of customer engagements, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community.
· Understand the AWS market segments and industry verticals.
· Understand and exploit the use of other internal Amazon systems.
· Significant travel may be required
· Prior experience in design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
· Successful management of technical, customer facing resources, with a track record of building and developing teams
· Prior experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
· Strong written communication skills
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· · Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
· Fluency in English and Russian