Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an on-going effort to fulfill its stated ambition of being earth’s most customer-centric company. Since 2015, Amazon.com has started reinventing on behalf of the business customer and is focused on building Amazon Business, the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. With the launch of Amazon Business in Germany in December 2016, Amazon Business expanded to Europe and is now present in five key markets in Europe: Germany, UK, France, Italy and Spain. As we continue to grow, we are recruiting a handful of the best to innovate and drive value for our B2B customers.
The Amazon Business team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for business customers to buy on Amazon through an Amazon Business Account. We are focused on building solutions that enable business customers to rethink current strategies, tools and processes for Purchasing and innovate to be fit for the future. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses and large institutions. Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon retail customers, and we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience to serve this segment.
To support our business growth, we are looking for a Project Manager for our Professional Services Team for a full time (40 hours/week) position in Munich. In this position, you will work with our Business Customers to help them achieve their business goals for Procurement, Finance and Digitalization by leveraging Amazon Business (AB). The Professional Services Manager is an expert in AB solutions and provides advice to Customers on how to best use AB to enable and transform their existing processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs. You will lead the project management to implement the proposed solutions with Customers and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted. You will engage with various Customer stakeholders, incl. project manager and executives from Procurement, Finance, and Technology, and a range of internal stakeholders, incl. Sales, Product Management, Technical implementation, and Amazon Business Leadership. You need to excel at project management being able to coordinate several projects at the same time and manage internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate has experience in project management, developing relationships across functional areas and has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Engage with Customers, incl. Procurement, Finance, and Technology leadership to understand pain points, strategy and goals for Purchasing and Finance
· Analyse current purchasing processes and evaluate opportunities for Amazon Business solutions to improve end user experiences, reduce costs, and accelerate organization performance
· Drive and accelerate spend adoption through advising Customers on best practices for using Amazon Business solutions
· Plan and lead project execution to ensure successful implementation of Amazon Business solutions with Customer, incl. task management, internal/external stakeholder management, issue handling, risk management, and escalation management
· Focus on automating as many service needs for Customers and work with Product Management and Technical teams to develop solutions that will increase solution adoption
· Build relationship with Customer and gain continuous commitment to agreed goals and project plan to drive and accelerate spend adoption with Amazon Business
· Lead project evaluation against predefined KPIs, and meet or exceed targets for customers and spend adoption
· BA/BS degree
· Several years of program management or services experience advising senior customers and/or deploying technology solutions
· Exceptional English and German skills – both verbal and written.
· Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment
· Excellent project management skills being able to coordinate a large number of stakeholders, plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project
· Knowledge of procurement and source to pay processes and solutions
· Excellent communications skills and the ability to effectively advise senior leadership
· Proven ability to influence others and lead customer engagements
· Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
· Expert use of MS Office Suite and CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com)
· Knowledge of SAP and e-procurement platforms preferred (not required)
· Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in one document (max. 5 MB).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.