Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to support the EU Network Development. Programs will include partnering with real estate, engineering, IT and other stakeholders to help expand the network of Amazon Logistics nodes in the EU to facilitate the organization’s growth plans, and other cross functional Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering & Infrastructure initiatives. You will be a natural self-starter who is comfortable supporting large, complex cross functional projects. You will have a true hands-on approach, strong project management skills, and be an effective communicator. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
The DE Launch & Expansion team is looking for a Program Manager who wants to create a best-in-class last mile network. Starting from the first ideas where to place a delivery stations all the way to the final launch and handover to operations you are responsible for the entire project cycle of product from start to finish.
· Manage several competing priorities ensuring critical projects remain visible to all stakeholders whilst maintaining a plan for less urgent matters
· Dive deep into various work streams and learn about each stakeholder's contribution and challenges
· Prioritize projects with biggest impact on our business, propose and obtain approval from relevant functional leaders, and schedule resources
· Take accountability while providing status, ask for help, and immediately escalate issues and problems as necessary
· Maintain the overall project schedule that enables the teams to be successful based upon the project milestones and Go-Live
· Professional language skills in German
· Fluent English spoken and written
· Bachelor's degree
· Strong organization skills
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others
· Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
· Strong executive presentation skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel
· Willingness to travel within Germany, approximately 50% of the time
· Proven experience in a fast pace project environment within the Last Mile business or any other related logistics or retail industry.
· Experience in logistics buildings development and parcel sortation technology would be an advantage.