At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Amazon Flex is digital economy meets last mile logistics and is a fundamental component Amazon Logistics – Amazon’s own last mile delivery organization. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors – called delivery partners – to make deliveries to our customers.
With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages on their own cars and at their own schedule. Amazon Flex is digital by design and it leverages an app that works in concert with our advanced logistics systems to allow delivery partners to on board, schedule delivery times, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. The approach and technology are nothing short of disruptive, and Amazon Flex is literally reshaping the way the industry operates.
As part of our high-pace expansion plan, Amazon Flex Middle Europe is building its leadership team to expand its operations across Germany, Austria and Benelux. To support our fast growth, we are seeking highly talented and dedicated individuals with a bias for action and willingness to deliver results. As Program Manager Capacity Planning & Pricing, you will drive projects to improve the way we plan our capacity and own how we allocate work to our drivers balancing fill-rate, cost and engagement. You will implement initiatives that improve the accuracy of our planning tools and drive scalability and automation to our processes. If you are highly analytical, have a passion for details, are a master of SQL and spreadsheets, and above all have an interest in operations in a supply chain environment - then this role is perfect for you!
· Own and be accountable for the weekly capacity planning process for our Flex drivers
· Drive automation and performance improvement of our capacity planning tools with the aim to standardize processes and reduce waste / inaccuracies in our capacity plans
· Develop long term capacity plans for Peak and align these among our partners and stakeholders
· Monitor, report and deep dive on our day-to-day operations issues related to volume accuracy and fill rate
· Develop and maintain a pricing model for Flex drivers
· Be willing to “get your hands dirty” in a start-up environment while simultaneously developing processes to ensure scalability and automation of our planning tools
· Graduate from a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Supply Chain, Statistics, Engineering, Transportation, or other Operations disciplines
· Knowledge of supply chain, operations, transportation, planning or general management
· Knowledge of analytics; handle, synthesize and analyze large data sets, draw out and then communicate insights and recommendations through concise, written documents
· Experience in driving performance improvement initiatives from concept to implementation
· Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Working knowledge of SQL and visualization tools like tableau
· Masters, or advanced degree
· Experience with forecasting and large/complex models.
· Strong problem solving skills; can dive deep for root cause resolutions
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Advanced in Tableau/SQL