Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions - including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads - leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
Our Amazon DSP team is looking for a Programmatic Solutions Specialist – Technical to join Amazon Advertising's growing team based in Düsseldorf.
In this role, you will independently resolve customer campaign execution issues and blockers by providing knowledgeable and responsive technical support to our enterprise customers: programmatic trading desks. You will have ownership for issue investigation: identifying campaign configuration and software defects, reproducing in-depth and complex cases across our DSP product and processes, and researching solutions to unblock customers. This is a complex environment, as you will own the most critical part of the customer experience and deliver on our customers’ most basic need. While we obsess over incident response, in this role you will also develop tools to scale our service quality, and provide critical input for product prioritization to address root causes of why the customer experienced an incident in the first place. Our advertising customers are likely Amazon customers, and we take seriously maintaining the high customer service bar set by Amazon.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Tracking, investigating, and resolving customer questions and issues by phone, email, and in-person at various levels of complexity and customer impact.
· Communicating directly with internal organizations to complete issue investigation and root cause analysis, define workarounds, and resolve defects.
· Reproducing complex technical issues to identify potential software defects or misconfigurations in customer environments.
· Performing data queries and utilize business intelligence tools to analyze data and produce reports to investigate issues
· Using case management tools to manage and prioritize issues based on multiple factors including customer impact.
· Contributing to training material and documentation for both internal and customer-facing users.
· Detecting and resolving issues through the configuration and managing of monitoring systems and alerts.
· Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
Here at Amazon Advertising, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 13 employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
* Experience writing SQL queries to extract, join, and sort data
* Experience with basic scripting/programming (e.g. Python)
* Fluent in German and English
· Experience in technical troubleshooting
· Experience in technical writing or documentation
· Basic knowledge of programmatic advertising
· Knowledge of business intelligence tools (e.g. QuickSight, Tableau)
· Curiosity to dig deeply into technical details (e.g. key dependencies) with customers and internal technical stakeholders to solve a technical problem.
· Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.