Assignment period:04/01/2020 - 03/31/2022
Field:Country-, Portfolio- and Project Managers
Type of employment:full- or part-time
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
To strengthen our team Markets & Clients, we are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) for the location in Eschborn, Germany as soon as possible. The Markets & Clients team is part of GIZ’s International Services department, offering services to key clients including the European Union (EU), UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC), and private sector companies. The team helps ensure that client relations are managed, and the services we provide for these clients meet or exceed their expectations and standards. Whilst our Regional Teams are responsible for bid- and project management, Markets & Clients specialists play a pivotal role in strategic market assessment, opportunity identification, customer lifecycle management, and capture planning. The candidate we are looking for needs to bring strong business development and commercial competences and experience, as well as exposure to client relations- and account management, both in business development and project implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of client-specific sales strategies;
- Capture planning and quality assurance for selected priority opportunities of our 3 Regional Teams;
- Maintain and expand good working relations with key partners for different clients;
- Provide operational and strategic bid development support for selected prospects;
- Provide on-demand, tailored backstopping support to client-specific projects under implementation;
- Contribute to assigned internal business development and strategic improvement projects.
- A Master degree in a relevant technical field
- Proven successful track record of 5 or more years as a professional bid manager in the development aid sector;
- Ideally, fully conversant with the procurement policies and procedures of at least 2 of the following clients: SDC, UK Aid, EuropeAid;
- Experience with project implementation for at least one of these clients is required;
- Strong analytical and research skills are required;
- Excellent writing, reviewing, and editing skills in English are required;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, including both communicative and in writing, are required;
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other European language is required;
- Experience in writing general and technical sections of competitive proposals with at least one of the clients mentioned above is required;
- Willingness and ability to travel is required;
- A relevant network with client contacts, partner organisations and experts for clients such as SDC, UK Aid or EuropeAid is considered an asset.
The position can be filled as full time or part time with a workload of 80%.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
+49 6196 79-2179