Location– Hayes (15 Minutes away from Heathrow Airport)
Remuneration– In line with experience
Reporting to the Head of Quality, the job holder will be responsible for maintaining an independent quality system through monitoring for compliance with the relevant regulations / requirements and for managing continuous improvements in the quality aspects of the Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK (LTLGS) business.
Duties and responsibilities
- All employees are required to use the LTLGS Integrated Quality Management System ProX.
- To monitor and maintain established quality standards, policies and procedures by means of which the integrity and regulatory compliance of LTLGS’s operations is assured.
- To monitor compliance of the quality system with:
- EASA Part 145 and Part 21J.
- AA CFR 145.
- Customer’s national aviation requirements (e.g. CCAR 145, ANTRs, AGs).
- BS EN ISO 9001 / AS 9100.
- You may be required to train personnel within a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience, and to develop Lean and Kaizen activities to continuously improve areas across the whole business.
- To regularly complete a quality audit programme to gauge compliance with all maintenance procedures so that any non-compliance is identified and rectified.
- To maintain liaison with designated regulators responsible for the various approvals so that.
- The business has an up to date understanding of regulatory requirements.
- The business may influence development of regulatory issues.
- Compliance with regulations is assured.
- To administer the company’s authorisation system to comply with business and regulatory requirements.
- To assess sub-contractors and other suppliers as requested to ensure that LTLGS and regulatory authorities requirements are complied with.
- To advise on appropriate training/re-training and technical competence of all staff to comply with LTLGS and regulatory requirements.
- To assist in the review and amendment of the Management Organisation Exposition and ProX procedures.
- To maintain good administration procedures so that control and accuracy of all quality documentation is assured.
- To promote and monitor compliance with LTLGS policy and regulatory requirements.
- To constantly monitor and review operating methods in order to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative improvements in the service provided to customers.
- To communicate effectively such that:
- Senior management is fully briefed on any important issues which are likely to arise.
- Full and effective liaison is maintained with all other departments/areas which are affected directly or indirectly by the assigned area of responsibility.
- To be aware of LTLGS policies, procedures and agreements in order to work within established company policies, procedures and agreements; and propose any amendments which may benefit the company.
*All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
Experience and Knowledge
- Knowledge of EASA Part 145 & 21J and FAA CFR 145 requirements. Knowledge of other NAAs – Desirable.
- Experience of supplier control using an approved supplier system preferred.
- Extensive practical experience in Quality Assurance.
- Qualified auditor with recognised training in auditing techniques.
- Understanding of ISO 9000 series accreditation – Desirable.
- Able to perform investigations into occurences.
- Rights to work within the UK without any restrictions.
- No agencies.
*Must possess a legal work permit in the country of employment.