Regional Environmental Manager
Our team is seeking a Regional Environmental Manager (REM) who will lead and drive environmental operational excellence across our Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) in Germany. They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across Germany. They will also provide technical support at our existing operations and future expansion across the MEU.
This role will report to the Europe Regional Environmental Manager through the Global Environmental Assurance and Protection team.
The REM will also partner with the operations leadership teams to execute company environmental procedures and ensure compliance with all applicable specific country, state/province, region and local regulations. Utilizing risk assessments and compliance evaluations, this individual will lead site specific continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and communicate and implement best practices. They must be able to lead a team to ensure success for business support.
Regional Environmental Manager Responsibilities:
· • Advising organisations/locations on fulfilling their environmental protection tasks and supporting them with solutions
• Participate in the development, introduction, control, improvement and application of environmentally friendly systems, procedures, processes and products
• cooperate in contacts with the authorities and in the implementation of any notification, permission and approval procedures according to environmental law (water / waste water, pollution control, waste)
• Participate in the annual data collection and reporting (internal, external) as well as controls (measurements, reviews) on environmentally relevant issues
• Participate in internal and external inspections / audits on Environmental topics
· Monitor the following subject areas: disposal of waste water and waste, proper storage of raw materials, auxiliary and operating materials, plant operation in compliance with the approval
· Participate in the further development of the environmental management system in the group
• Coordinate with other officers (occupational safety, fire protection, energy, quality, sustainability) when performing your tasks
· English and German fluent
· An above-average Degree as a chemist, chemical or environmental engineer or related environmental field.
· Preferably candidate already trained as representative for waste, dangerous goods and pollution control (mandatory requirement) or willing to obtain training
· Preferably candidate with knowledge in environmental legislation (water / waste water, waste, pollution control, dangerous goods, chemicals law, water / soil protection) in Germany or willing to learn the environmental protection legislation requirements in Germany
· Experience managing change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence peers and superiors
· Must be willing to travel up to 50%
Knowledge in adjacent legal areas (occupational and fire protection, energy law) · extensive experience as an environmental management officer (ISO14001 and / or EMAS) including safe handling of authorities and auditors · Business fluent written and spoken English, ideally knowledge of another foreign language - Willingness to take any domestic business trips