Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
In this role, you will help operations leaders maximize the performance of their Advanced Technology (AT) robotic systems. You will be the communication link between Operations and robotics support for European robotic deployments across a breadth of products, consulting with Operators, technical experts, and support partners. As the EU Regional Support Manager, you’ll establish mechanisms for monitoring and improving network-wide performance, and tailor best practices to local and regional needs. You will ensure standard work, response levers, and escalation paths for AT products are established and executing. You will partner with EU customers, support partners, and engineering teams to identify and implement projects to improve the launch and steady state performance and stability of field-deployed robots. You are also expected to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
· Monitoring overall network health, performance, and identifying and resolving trending issues through consultative coaching, support partner engagement, or escalation.
· Shepard new technology launch operations through ramp-up to availability and quality goals
· Provide requirements and “voice of the customer” feedback to influence product and technical teams to drive long-term mitigation of performance issues and customer needs.
· Dive deep into data and operational or technological issues, provide clear resolution and path forward. · Actively contribute to and leverage best practices and standards, staying current on both the technology and product to anticipate and prevent unnecessary escalations.
· Identify and drive improvement projects regionally and to the global network through technical and/or operational changes.
· Assist with new product/feature introduction in alignment with the product development organization
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Business and/or relevant experience
· 5+ years related experience
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills, with the ability to competently discuss complex technical issues with operations, engineering (software/hardware), and leadership teams
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
· Knowledge and/or working experience with analytical tools (sql, Excel, tableau)
· Masters degree in Engineering and/or MBA.
· Experience with industrial automation and/or mechatronic systems.
· Experience analyzing large data sets. R/Python analytical skills
· Experience in consulting, customer support, or professional services at a technology company
· Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
· Experience with hardware and/or systems troubleshooting
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.