For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
Unlimited | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: MMA013/2021 | Deadline: 16.05.2021 | Full-time
DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world's leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
DESY expands its research on novel plasma-based accelerators for future applications in health, photon science, and particle physics. With KALDERA, DESY is developing a novel high-performance laser system to drive next-generation laser-plasma accelerators.
For the KALDERA project office we are looking for a scientist with a strong interest in project management. The candidate will support the project leader, run the KALDERA project office, and coordinate contributions from the different work packages across the DESY divisions as well as national and international partners. In addition, the candidate will be the contact person for neighbouring projects on the DESY campus like PETRA IV, and FLASH2020+.
- Running the KALDERA project office, including reporting, documentation and risk management
- Supporting the different work packages of the KALDERA project
- Coordination with other major projects on the DESY campus
- Organisation of workshops in the framework of the KALDERA project
- Managing internal and external communication of the project, also in cooperation with DESY PR
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration according to the collective labour agreement (TV-AVH).
- PhD, preferably in physics, chemistry, or a related field
- Experience in planning, organising, scheduling and set-up of large(r) scientific Instruments, preferable in cooperation with partners of different institutes
- Experience in performing scientific experiments at different large-scale infrastructure photon science facilities or ultrafast laser systems
- Experience with software used in science, like LaTeX, python, confluence, Matlab, as well as handling large data sets
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
For further information please contact Andreas Maier +49 40 8998-6687 (email@example.com).
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes the professional development of women and therefore strongly encourages women to apply for the position to be filled. In addition, severely handicapped persons with equal aptitude are given preferential consideration. The advertised positions are basically suitable for part-time employment.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 16.05.2021