For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
Unlimited | Starting date: earliest possible | ID: FHMA017/2021 | Deadline: 22.08.2021 | Full-time/Part-time
DESY, with its more than 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world's leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life. In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry. With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
DESY, as member of the German Helmholtz Research Association, is partner in an incubator initiative, supposed to install three competence clusters, distributed over the different Helmholtz research centers. Those clusters involve the implementation of Core Services, a Cloud Platform and a Software Competence Center. Besides other duties, DESY is responsible for implementing the technical part of the platform.
- You will design and implement a marketplace for cloud services provided by Helmholtz Centers within the HIFIS platform collaboration
- You will support the integration of distributed cloud services into this marketplace
- You will design mechanisms to collect accounting and monitoring information for distributed services and will provide graphical tools to make them available to platform users
Look forward to a unique working environment on our international research campus. We attach particular importance to appreciative cooperation and the well-being of our DESY employees. Gender equality is an important aspect for us. To support work life balance we offer flexible working hours, variable part-time and job-sharing. You will benefit from our family-friendly and collegial atmosphere, our established health management and occupational pension provision. As a public employer, we offer you a secure workplace and facilitate your individual career with our comprehensive training and development opportunities. Remuneration is according to the regulations of the TV-AVH.
- You earned a University degree in computer science, physics or equivalent
- You have experience in designing and implementing web-based portals and marketplaces
- You have a basic understanding of web based authentication mechanisms, like OIDC and SAML
- You like teaching and are able to communicate complex technical information
For further information please contact Patrick Fuhrmann +49 40 8998-4474, (email@example.com).
We look forward to receiving your application via our application portal:
DESY promotes equal opportunities and diversity. The professional development of women is very important to us and therefore we strongly encourage women to apply for the vacant position. Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
You can find further information here:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 22.08.2021