The AWS Startup Business Development team is comprised of startup founders/operators who champion and work alongside the world’s best startups, investors and industry associations. We do what is in our power to accelerate their engineering and commercial efforts from inception to IPO, leveraging our people, technology, knowledge, programs, and relationships within and outside Amazon.
AWS has exceptional strengths in the blockchain segment, and we are looking for a teammate to join our specialist Blockchain and Digital Assets Business Development team to continue building and growing that position with startups. We’re looking for a domain expert who will be a peer to web3, cryptocurrency, and blockchain founders/CxOs (at all stages of startup maturity), venture capitalists, and other key influencers. You will have the exciting opportunity to create and deliver AWS market and technical strategy within segment which includes working one-on-one with startups, launching scalable programs, and being a subject matter expert within this exploding segment.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagements and interact at the CxO/General Partner level, as well as sufficient technical knowledge that enables them to comfortably and effectively interact with CTOs, software developers, and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Competency in cloud computing will be required for ongoing success – as is a keen sense of ownership, curiosity, scrappiness, and drive. You’ll be able to demonstrate a track record of executing in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and limited resources.
- Working with the founders/leaders of venture-backed startups in web3 to 1) identify their technical and commercial challenges/opportunities 2) map those needs onto people, technology, knowledge, programs, relationships across Amazon that help customers, and 3) mobilize those assets to serve these startup customers.
- Conceiving, authoring, and securing support for launching and executing new initiatives and programs to meet the needs of web3, cryptocurrency, and blockchain startups.
- Developing the blockchain and digital assets strategy in North America with Global Startups Head and then deliver results while collaborating with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partner teams, business development, product management, marketing, legal, etc.).
- Discovering, capturing, and reporting back learnings from the field about opportunities and challenges as they relate to web3, cryptocurrency, and blockchain.
- Producing web3, cryptocurrency, and blockchain thought leadership including technical-leaning content, workshops, and events for the startup ecosystem. Serving as an evangelist and subject matter expert within AWS and externally.
- Developing and managing relationships with key web3 venture funds and investors. Activities include putting AWS assets to work on behalf of their portfolio companies, driving customer and partner relationships, jointly producing thought leadership and educational events for the portfolio and/or broader startup ecosystem.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 2+ years of business experience working with startups including business development, strategy, or sales responsibilities.
- 2+ years of experience working with, starting a company, or selling to companies in the blockchain and digital assets segment.
- Proven ability to build trust and manage relationships with the C-level leadership of startups, managing directors of investor organizations, and other key influencers in the startup ecosystem.
- Domain knowledge of Layer 1s, Layer 2s, cryptocurrency exchanges, web3 Infrastructure, blockchain developer tools, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Non-fungible tokens (NFTs), metaverse, token economics, and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs).
- Knowledge of core cloud computing concepts as they relate to blockchain startups including compute, storage, networking, databases, and higher order capabilities including serverless and machine learning; ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate among various AWS services.
- Proven ability to execute as an individual contributor in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and limited resources.
- Founder/CxO/early employee of one or more startups.
- 10+ years of business experience working with startups including business development, strategy, or sales responsibilities.
- MBA or equivalent, ideally with a focus on finance.
- Speaking engagements at blockchain/cryptocurrency conferences and industry events.
- SQL, analytics, and visualization experience.
- Experience working effectively and cross-functionally within a large organization.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
Location is flexible with access to a major airport for travel purposes.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.