Additional locations include: Paris, Luxembourg, London, Milan or Madrid
The EU Selection team is looking for a tenured Senior Business Intelligence Engineer with broad technical skills and world-class data management skills to develop the systems we use to support our selection and vendor growth, development and expansion across the EU landscape as well as defect identification and elimination.
In this role, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work on analytics, visualization solutions, and other Business Intelligence applications used by researchers, engineers, and management across multiple departments. You should be reliable at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low-cost solutions that persist data from production systems into the data warehouse and end-user facing applications. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You will need excellent business and communication skills to work with researchers and business owners in a fast paced environment to develop and define key business questions and requirements. Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge datasets and analytics tools to provide insight into how the business is running and enable business decisions to be data driven.
The successful candidate will:
· Have an understanding and empathy for business objectives, and continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value. You listen effectively.
· Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
· Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
· Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science, or related field
· Strong data analysis skills – e.g. database query construction, data warehousing, regression modelling, forecasting, data mining and experience in market and business analysis with approximately 7+ years experience
· Experience solving complex problems – you must be able to think laterally and solve extremely ambiguous problems quickly and comprehensively
· Advanced SQL, ETL, Excel and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Strong bias for action, highly organized and ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance and tight deadlines
· Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, fluent English is required
· Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining
· High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
· Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
· Experience in building databases from the ground up
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting