The Senior Buyer/Planner develops solutions to challenges of diverse scope and complexity. The incumbent is expected to exercise sound judgment, within generally defined practices and policies, to develop methods and techniques in creating strategic sourcing solutions.
The Senior Buyer/Planner will obtain materials, components and equipment, as required by the production schedule. This individual will determine material requirements from engineering and production schedules, analyze material requirements planning (MRP) and maintain inventory at planned levels. The Senior Buyer/Planner will schedule and monitor the movement of materials through development, prototype and production cycles. S/he will work with suppliers in procurement of services and products in a timely and cost-effective manner. The individual will be working in a team environment and will represent the purchasing organization cross functionally in service activities. The position, along with Strategic Sourcing Purchasing, will gather quotations, examine bids, and assist in contract negotiation as appropriate.
- Schedule and monitor the movement of material through the production cycle.
- Execute on MRP plan and schedule.
- Provide timely responses to MRP recommendations and to all purchase requisitions and non-manufacturing requisitions.
- Determine material requirements working with engineering and aligning with production schedules. Maintain inventory at planned levels. Maintain accurate lead times and due dates for purchased inventory and manufacturing orders.
- Establish quality-oriented supplier relationships and develop measurable performance standards with Quality Assurance, against which supplier(s) will be evaluated. Monitor capability of suppliers to satisfy expectations of on-time delivery, quality, service, and price commitments. (Including, but not limited to, the understanding of cost impact).
- Work within documented procurement/planning system in compliance with GMP, FDA, and ISO guidelines.
- Follow-up purchase orders to ensure shipment as required (expedite and reschedule) and negotiate schedule changes.
- Continually assess market conditions, which may affect procurement, and recommend procurement and materials management strategy changes.
- Control incoming freight and handling costs.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing Purchasing on negotiations of blanket orders and long-term purchase agreements, covering procurement of single-source items and major commodities. ECO planning, including coordination and implementation by establishing “Effectivity Dates.” Activities also include: Cost analysis, risk analysis, product structuring, and inventory management.
- Establish and provide timely analysis of reports and product management tools such as Purchase Price Variances, (PPV) and work order variances as well as inventory exposures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics and/or Purchasing
- Minimum of five (5) years electrical/electronics, electro-mechanical, purchasing and/or materials planning
- GMP compliance and experience in FDA regulated environment preferred
- Membership or certification in APIC’s and or NAPM is a plus
- Basic negotiating skills and some knowledge of contracts
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, drawings and government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, clients, internal customers and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and currency exchange rates
- Problem solving capability is crucial. Erroneous decisions will have serious impacts on the success of the company operations
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
We are an EEO/AAA/Disabled/Veterans Employer