Do you want to transform industrial manufacturing and supply chain logistics? Do you want to help customers adopt industrial software solutions that integrate with plant environments, and to exchange data that enriches those solutions?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical computing architects to bring AWS cloud technologies to industrial manufacturing. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects and lead implementation projects. You will take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS platform. You will build customer solutions with API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, ECS/EKS, GreenGrass, SiteWise Edge and other AWS services. You will help our customers implement DevOps to optimize software development processes and accelerate innovation. You will collaborate across a range of technical areas, including building scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure, automation, continuous integration and deployment, testing, observability, and security. You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will lead customers through transforming their business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end infrastructure solutions and applications.
The Senior DevOps Architect is a leader with extensive automation and programming experience throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC). A successful DevOps Architect has technical depth across the full DevOps spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovation.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed
· Bachelor Degree or 10+ years of professional or military experience.
· 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
· Experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
· Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
· Experience architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
· Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
· Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
· Experience implementing edge solutions using IoT Greengrass.
· Knowledge of the Siemens MindSphere platform and its portfolio of services.
· Experience managing diverse data models for data warehousing and data exchange.
· Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElastiSearch, and Kibana.
· Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps or MLOps.
· AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
· Strong presentation, verbal communication and written communications skills.
· Ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements, preferably from a professional services organization or similar.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.