Senior/Expert Project Manager (m/f/d) SAP Innovative Business Solutions JobApply now »
Date: Nov 15, 2019
City: Walldorf, BW, DE
Requisition ID: 232733
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Are you interested in helping world class enterprises to solve their most complex business challenges, blaze disruptive new trails and bring their company’s vision to life?
At SAP Innovative Business Solutions, our mission is to empower visionary enterprises to achieve their greatest goals through software innovation. Our experts develop unique, leading edge software solutions in collaboration with our clients – from discovery to delivery – to create tailored, high-value software that is backed by the power of SAP. We make innovation real by using the latest technologies around the Internet of Things, blockchain, artificial intelligence / machine learning, and big data and analytics. And we deliver our solutions quickly by employing an agile development approach.
With development centers in Walldorf, St. Ingbert, Newtown Square, Montreal, Bangalore, Shanghai, Palo Alto, Delhi, Tokyo, Sao Leopoldo and Moscow, we are able to leverage a global delivery model that utilizes the specific strengths of each location. Since SAP Innovative Business Solutions is planning to increase its business significantly, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager who can take over responsibility for Innovative Development Projects (IDPs).
Join us in helping clients to reimagine their business and create new possibilities that allow them to dream bigger, work smarter and change their worlds.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• University degree or equivalent
• Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills to deliver solutions according to contracts
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Ability to build customer and in-house relationships to explain complex topics in a convincing and clear manner, also to senior executives
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Methods as well as agile Methods
• Ability to build and lead virtual development teams
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English and German is mandatory
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• A proven track record of successfully leading projects (also internally).
• First experience in evaluations and contract negotiations.
• Extensive experience in the management of development-related projects.
• Management of custom-specific development projects across the entire project lifecycle (specification, design, execution, solution delivery, acceptance, handover and maintenance).
• Strong focus on requirement engineering, in particular, user- and business requirements
• A proven track record in business orientation, e.g. commercial change requests.
• Strong experience in the delivery of agile development projects, ideally first experience acting as a Product Owner.
• Drive front-runner projects in new technologies
• Deliver exciting new software to our customers
• Lead large or extra-large Innovative Development Projects
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in managing projects.
• Experience in working under pressure in global project teams.
• Experience in working in agile development projects.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.