Responsible for a complex high volume product line/lines or major processes. Establishes planning parameters and forecasts for assigned products to ensure parts availability for manufacturing and service demands. Works with vendors to place and expedite purchase orders. Controls the execution of the production plan through manufacturing to ensure a level workload and optimal use of resources.
- Manages complex and ambiguous situations with little or no supervision
- Initiates and manages process improvement projects
- Illustrates full understanding of planning and purchasing strategies
- Identifies opportunities and implements changes to master data in order to optimize supply chain performance
- Mentors others on the team
- Reviews production orders for missing parts and approves their release to the Warehouse.
- Acts as an interface with Customer Care and Sales
- Ensures that all activities comply with US Government requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate master data and purchase order data in SAP
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and taking actions to improve parts availability for manufacturing and service demands
- Five years professional experience in a Procurement and Planning function
- Must demonstrate exceptional understanding of SAP ERP, Master Data and materials management tools: DRP, MPS and MRP
- Demonstrate application of best practices in planning and procurement processes
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
- Self-motivated individual who shows initiative to take on additional assignments
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.