*Can be performed from any location within Germany*
At AWS, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pride ourselves on pursuing unexpected paths and seeing things from different perspectives. We create results that we are proud of. Outcomes our customers love. Achievements that change resumes—and the world. So, let us get started. We cannot wait to see what you build here. AWS offers 15+ purpose-built managed database services including relational, key-value, document, in-memory, graph, time series, wide column, and ledger databases.
We are seeking an experienced Enterprise Sales Representative to help us establish AWS as the market leader for database services that address our customers' needs.
As a specialized sales representative for this exciting and rapidly-evolving space, you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of established and emerging technologies that will have a significant impact on our customer’s digital innovation strategy.
Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration of the industry’s broadest and deepest portfolio of database solutions, with game-changing products such as Amazon RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Neptune, DocumentDB, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include collaboration with solutions architects and partners to drive customer outcomes. The successful candidate will also possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical understanding that enables them to easily interact with developers and technical architects.
The role is strategic in nature and the candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think long-term and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive revenue and market share for AWS database services in a defined territory or industry vertical, Meeting or exceeding quarterly revenue targets
· Develop and execute a comprehensive account/ segment/ territory plan, accelerating customer adoption of database services;
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS database solutions;
· Manage the end-to-end commercial process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Executives and Partners, etc.
· Manage and maintain a robust and accurate pipeline and forecast
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Work closely with the HQ product team to communicate customer requirements
· 5+ years of account management experience with quota accountability working with commercial or enterprise customers selling software technology solutions
· 3+ years direct field experience in selling database products or services
· Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
· Proven track record of consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
· Degree or MBA in Technology or business related subject
· Knowledge of relevant AWS services is a huge plus (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…)