- Kennziffer: PDII-D-1579791180-E
- Einstiegsart: Professionals
- Einsatzort: Atlanta
- Gesellschaft: Porsche Digital Inc.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Scrum Master and Agile Coach who deeply cares about the team’s functionality and acts as their guardian and mentor to achieve even higher levels of maturity. If you are a great motivator, looking to continuously improve your team’s efficiency, spinning and arguing for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness, come and join us at Porsche Digital, Inc. and be a part of shaping the digital future of Porsche. The position is based in Atlanta, GA at the Porsche North American headquarter and Experience Center.
As our Scrum Master and Agile Coach, you will be working with a team of highly skilled and experienced individuals in a cross functional product team focusing on further growing Porsche’s digital presence and omni-channel user experience for the US market. You will work with cross functional teams to improve the organizations ability to deliver digital initiatives that reflect Porsche’s passion for intelligent performance. The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Coaching teams and business stakeholders to be value focused while keeping customers and owners at the center of our thinking.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to continuously improve efficiency, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Helping teams to understand and clarify expectations of goals, outcomes and delivery.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Helping teams to sustain a healthy flow/ throughput by predicting, anticipating and removing impediments and bottlenecks.
- Share best practices but more importantly principles from Agile / Lean methodologies and frameworks that could be contextually applied and benefit the team.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Enabling teams to create and run outstanding user-centered digital services using appropriate agile principles and methodologies in line with the business requirements.
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Ability to mentor individuals and teams.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of principles of Agile, Lean and Design Thinking.
- Good knowledge in the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Excellent mentoring skills.
- Ability to pragmatically deploy practices from various delivery methodologies (Agile and beyond).
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO).
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Educational Leadership or related field.
Master degree preferred
- 5+ years of delivery lead experience with hands-on experience in delivering agile projects (planning, execution and team management).
- 3+ years of experience is playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience in the IT/Software, E-Commerce, Automotive, or Consulting industry.
- Extensive experience in leading an agile team.
- Extensive experience in managing complex, large scale / international IT projects.
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi team collaboration environment.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Game.
Band Level: 3