The AWS Commerce Platform provides the back and front-end services that enable AWS customers to purchase AWS services and understand and manage their infrastructure costs. Come to join our team to tackle some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in the world. We process trillions of events per month using stream processing techniques (Kinesis), process billions of line items via map reduce (EMR), and manage artifacts through the latest in database technologies (DynamoDB and Aurora). We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand their bills. We also provide the analytics that let customers manage billions of dollars of IT usage and spending. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we also work closely across all AWS teams to ensure that we offer a great customer experience.
As a senior developer in the team, you will design, build and operate services that will help AWS to meet the needs of our customers. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires team work of engineers with technical expertise and creativity. At Amazon, we also expect engineers like you to interact with customers, other teams, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
You are creative, curious, responsible, and able to work with others to rapidly turn an idea into working code. You’re excited about writing code, implementing big ideas, and helping to coach those around you to raise the team’s bar for code quality. You want the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while helping AWS grow. You relish the opportunity to dig into complex operational issues and to help customers build the next generation of applications.
If you enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top while designing and building systems that can scale and solving challenging problems just push our door to know more about us.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 7+ years of professional software development experience
· Strong Java coding skills; you will be able to discuss in depth both the design and your significant contributions to one or more projects using the Java language
· Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Experience in AWS technologies (SNS,SQS,Lambda,DDB.etc.)
· Experience in E-Commerce payments/billing/invoicing processing
· Experience in Agile/Scrum
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Explore all AWS Senior Software Engineering roles available in EMEA region, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://awsseniorsoftwaredevelopment.splashthat.com/
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.