Come Shape the Future of Transportation!
We are a team of engineers, living and breathing at the intersection of technology and transportation. In the future, transportation of both goods and people will be centered around technology, with consistent innovation around better safety, reliability, and efficiency. We aim to power the future of transportation through rapid innovation and scale only possible through cloud infrastructure. Come join us in building the future of transportation!
You will work backwards from the customer and influence product requirements based on industry trends and expertise. You will design and develop embedded software components for MPUs and MCUs based SoCs running automotive-grade connectivity units, gateways and various other controller systems. You write high quality C/C++ code optimized for real-time embedded, highly constrained resources, and safety critical systems. You will build up hardware evaluation boards and debug/optimize code to fit a vehicle’s system constrains. You will propose reference silicon and architecture’s for new products and features. You will contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of the product and act as an Amazon technology advocate to both internal and external parties.
Our team is global, based in the US (west coast) and Germany. Our US teams typically start earlier in the day to have a couple of hours of overlap with our Germany teams (who typically work later in the afternoon).
We are intentional in attracting, developing and retaining team members from diverse backgrounds. Our diversity of thought coupled with the endless curiosity within our team is our greatest asset for innovation. We are looking for people to help us build an inclusive and supportive growth environment for team members to work hard, make history, and have fun.
Mentorship and Career Growth:
Our engineers and leaders come from diverse perspectives and backgrounds across technology and beyond, and are excited to share their experiences and mentor more junior engineers. Team members are encouraged to set up mentorship relationships with senior engineers on our team, but also across the broader Amazon population.
· BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
· Ability to design access and memory usage optimised Data structures and algorithms.
· 7+ years of experience as a software engineer in C and/or C++ programming in an embedded environment.
· Hands on experience working with RTOS and POSIX Operating systems including concepts like watchdogs, task preemption, software interrupts, priority inversion.
· Knowledge of at least one scripting programming language such as Python/Ruby or Perl.
· Familiar with Network Protocols such us CAN, LIN, SPI, FlexRay.
· Good knowledge of SoCs( NXP, TI, Infineon, ST ) and Arm processor firmwares and toolchains.
· Knowledge of Automotive SPICE, ISO-26262 and other Automotive standards is highly regarded
· Experience with open source tools and resource
· Ability to Establish non-functional requirements (security, reliability, maintainability, usability, etc.) at the solution level
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
Explore all AWS Senior Software Engineering roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://awsseniorsoftwaredevelopment.splashthat.com/
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.