Have you been searching for an opportunity as a senior engineer in an organization building innovative software that directly impacts how Amazon customers shop on our sites, use our apps, and devices every day?
We have opportunities in Berlin, Madrid, Luxembourg, and Amsterdam across several different teams.
As a software developer at Amazon, you will have technical ownership of you designs and services and influence good coding practices among your peers. Responsibilities include design, code, review, test, fix, research, deploy and maintain services and code in Amazon cloud and production environments.
· Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
· Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
· Code, test, and deploy services
· Participate in and lead code & design reviews
· Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
· Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Outstanding problem-solving abilities
· A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
· Business judgment and proven ability to influence others
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
· A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
· Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++ , C# is a plus!
· Expertise in a variety of technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Design/development skills and experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
· Experience working with databases, data processing, and analytic tools
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
· Comfortable with written and/or verbal communication
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.