Want to drive and evolve a cornerstone of the Amazon shopping experience? Join Customer Reviews – one of the world’s largest community driven products.
We are building transformational new features and enterprise-scale services. The team builds across all shopping categories and devices, and you will bring audacious and reasoned ideas to drive the future of the feature set.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design and architecture for a product that is used every day by millions of customers to make purchase decisions on Amazon. We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Software Management who is passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, has a high degree of product ownership and judgement, a proven track record of people leadership, and can take the lead on overseeing the activities of cross-functional teams. You’ll be responsible for steering not only the technical success, but also the product roadmap and customer experience.
You’ll be working on Customer Reviews worldwide, but being based in Berlin, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
As an Senior Manager, Software Development, you will:
· Contribute to the vision, goals, and technical strategy in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
· Lead the team in building a best-in-class technology platform.
· Oversee an exceptional group of managers and engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
· Provide technical leadership in driving the design and implementation of extremely large distributed systems as well as areas related to as data storage, query optimization, security, machine learning and more.
· Attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class managers and engineers.
· Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
· Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
· Possess expert knowledge in engineering and product management best practices
Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
You are a builder of products as well as a builder of teams. You are a seasoned technical leader capable of driving the development of leading edge technology with an innovative spirit, love of technology and ability to wear many hats. Finally, your high energy and tireless commitment provides your team with the focus needed to deliver an exceptional service to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers worldwide. Along the way you’ll learn a ton, have fun, and make a positive impact on our business.
· 6+ years industry experience delivering scalable, distributed platforms.
· 6+ years of progressive management leadership experience directing high visibility initiatives.
· Experience with agile (including successful agile transformations) or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology.
· A Bachelors degree in computer science or related engineering discipline.
· 10+ years industry experience delivering scalable, distributed platforms.
· 10+ years of progressive management leadership experience directing high visibility initiatives in geo-distributed team environments.
· Entrepreneurial focus with an inherent sense of urgency and accountability.
· An inspirational technical leader with a high emotional intelligence who sets high and exacting standards and demands the best work of their team
· Experience with high-growth technology companies, and in organizations that know how to compete and win.
· Proven ability to build and maintain a high-quality, high intelligence engineering team.
· Experience delivering solutions at scale based on a variety of AWS services (EC2, S3, ASG, EBS, ELB, etc.)
· Team-oriented, collaborative, and able to implement important decisions. Can synthesize coherent plans and priorities from the inputs of the team and business partners. Fosters atmosphere of innovation, collaboration, and open communication.
· Strategic and thinks at a high level, but also hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly.
· Flexible and adaptable in the face of a rapidly changing market environment.
· Ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan. Able to prioritize and triage effectively, deciding which projects to deliver first.
· Data-driven and “quantitative” mentality. Grounded, detail-oriented, always backs up ideas with facts.
· An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.