- Code number: PDII-D-1606206556-E
- Entry level: Professionals
- Location: Atlanta
- Organization: Porsche Digital Inc.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Frontend Engineer who cares about software excellence, is aware of the latest trends, and bring creative problem-solving experience and curiosity into the creation of new exciting and challenging features for our sites of products. This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, test, build, and deploy valuable products for Porsche prospects, enthusiasts, and customers. You will have the opportunity to create and lead the UI and technical design and development of multi-platform, cross-functional, customer facing applications which will shape the digital future of Porsche.
If you are excited about working in an environment that loves innovation, solves challenging problems and delivers high quality software solutions that carry real business value, come and join us at Porsche Digital, Inc. The position is based in Atlanta, GA at the Porsche Cars North American headquarters and Experience Center.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Write high quality, and testable applications that support rapid delivery via continuous integration, delivery, and automated deployments.
- Find creative and innovative approaches to complex problems while working, learning, and collaborating in a cross-functional agile team.
- Handle the design, development, code review, and testing of key applications.
- Actively participate in agile team activities such as providing input for story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Work closely with the product owners and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that supports the business and improves the customer experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objective & explore solution possibilities.
- Identify performance bottlenecks in the UI and come up with novel ways to solve them.
- Design and implement reusable UI components that carry the Porsche branding.
- Define the relevant key-technologies and design guidelines in alignment with global Porsche initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, technology or similar
Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ frontend development experience in a production environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with frontend frameworks like React or Angular.
- Expert programming skills in web-based technologies.
- Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (SCM / Unit Tests).
- Deployed customer-facing software into a production environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital products, services and platforms.
- Experience with, understanding of, and interest in digital trends and new technologies.
- Experience with working in a global team-set up and multi team collaboration environment.
- Frontend development and delivery experience with React and/or Angular – preferred - or a modern UI framework.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code, and e2e Test Automations.
- Knowledge of software best practice like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc.
- Experience in building reusable components, preformat and responsive UIs and responsive UIs.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Porsche Digital is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Porsche is an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.