Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud. AWS Management Tools is revolutionizing how our customers manage resources at Cloud scale. We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to help us build world class management tools.
In this role, you will define product strategies that maximize customer value and enable software teams to realize them. Strong technical and communication skills are critical as you will work closely with engineering, design, finance, and executive teams on a regular basis. You will be expected to base your decisions on data and work effectively in a start-up environment, building high quality products that are a joy for our customers to use.
· Develop product strategy
· Ensure our strategy is aligned with existing and upcoming initiatives
· Evangelize initiatives & vision, both internally and externally. This may involve presentation (events, 1:1s) or writing (how-to’s, blog posts, etc)
· Clearly define product requirements, so that tech teams start work. These requirements should be based on an intimate knowledge of our existing and targeted customers, market segments, and themes.
· Create roadmaps in partnership with development teams
· Work closely with engineering teams to drive completion of key initiatives
· Proactively identify and resolve issues that might impair the team’s ability to meet business or technical goals
· Establish goals and review metrics to identify progress and opportunities
· Research and identify new opportunities to innovate on behalf of our customers
At AWS, we values work-life balance. Most days, our team will be located in the Berlin office, but we’re also flexible when people need to work from home.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build really cool applications, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
· BS or BA in computer science, engineering, maths, finance or similar
· 5+ years of product management, program management, and/or finance experience in a technology focused business
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to analyze and manipulate data using common tools (Excel, SQL, Regexes, etc.)
· 7+ years of experience working with software development teams
· Prior experience managing technical products
· Proficiency with web services, online technologies, and user interface design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.