Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to work in a new team that builds production-ready applications for AWS’ enterprise customers. Customers increasingly trust Amazon to not only provide cloud services that allow them to deprecate their on-premises IT infrastructure but to also architect and implement their new, cloud-native software. Customers are keen to retire their old-guard business applications that have grown over decades and thereby have become unmaintainable. They are also keen to leverage new technology such as machine learning and artificial intelligence to get more value from their data and better interact with their customers and employees.
As a Senior TPM in AWS Professional Services, you work in a fast-paced team together with highly talented software development engineers (SDE) and help them design, develop, test, and deploy well architected cloud-native software. As a successful applicant for this role, you are an experienced technical project/program manager with a track record of successfully coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams. You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive (“Ownership” and “Bias for Action”); you focus on the key inputs from the business and deliver results with the right quality (“Deliver Results”); and you’re used to working backwards from your customers’ needs (“Customer Obsession”). You stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ (“Dive Deep”); you have strong judgment and good instincts; and you seek diverse perspectives to disconfirm your beliefs (“Are Right, A Lot”). You drive teams to deliver high quality products, services, and processes (“Insist on the Highest Standards”); you listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully (“Earn Trust”); and you create and communicate a bold direction that inspires results, think differently, and look around corners for ways to serve customers (“Think Big”). You are never done learning and always seek to improve yourself (“Learn and Be Curious”).
· Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 6+ years of non-internship technical project/program management experience
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment
· Experience with serverless and cloud technologies
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems
· Experience with building secure, highly reliable, and highly scalable applications
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to break down complex concepts into easily understood frameworks and models
· Ability to provide technical vision and lead teams through technical vision
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative environment