Come built the future with us!
Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online – at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
We encourage an entrepreneurial environment where ideas are valued, respected and implemented quickly. Our aim is to offer customers more choice and the fastest delivery at great value.
Amazon is looking for a talented, team-oriented, driven and highly analytical Senior Vendor Manager in part-time (20-29h) for the DE Alcoholic Beverages business based in Munich.
· Own category and vendor management strategy and execution for the alcoholic beverages category
· Build strong and sustainable relationships at an executive level with our vendors (in DE and across EU), drive strategic negotiations for improved costs and terms and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth
· Stay on top of industry and competitive trends, and execute at both a tactical and strategic level to increase customer experience as well as drive selection, sales and margin growth.
· Identify potential brand and product business opportunities and manage multiple responsibilities across EU team within a fast-paced environment
· Drive category performance and sales and margin improvement by translating category metrics into actionable plans
· Seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity
· Share best practice across categories, also contributing to the international know how
For this position, we expect:
· University degree required in business or related field
· Several years in vendor management, buyer or purchasing / procurement, ideally in a consumables environment, or in a sales function
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills in German and English
· Experience in negotiating and closing complex business deals as well as in building internal and external relationships on executive level in a complex and dynamic organization
· Strong hands-on, results-driven mentality combined with the ability to think both strategically and tactically
· Proven analytical skills, experience with financial analyses and P&L ownership with aptitude for figures and data-driven argumentation
· Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· MBA from top business school or other clear evidence of entrepreneurial strength, business awareness and financial management
· Knowledge and/or previous experience within the industry
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.