The Amazon Speech team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. The team’s mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
We are looking for passionate and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, highly scalable applications that customers love.
As part of the team, you will have an opportunity to be at the front lines of speech recognition and speech processing technologies. In your role as a Software Development Engineer, you will have an opportunity to define the technical direction of the platform and the tools that support building state of the art machine learning models used at runtime by Alexa.
Your work will have a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of everything the team works on. If developing scalable, distributed services and designing long-term platform architectures excites you and you revel in thinking about well-architected code we would love to talk to you!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Extensive professional experience in software development
· Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in engineering environment, driving best software development practices and Operations
· Ability to work with Applied Scientists / Research Scientists
· The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality