AWS Artificial Intelligence (AWS ) is looking for you – a Software Development Engineer passionate about democratising machine learning and empowering the world to do more with it.
Our teams in Berlin is building a multiple services which enable our customers (software developers and scientists alike) to easily apply to solve their problems or build new solutions.
We develop and run secure, highly available, robust and reliable distributed systems using the latest technologies, many of which are developed by our own teams.
You will own end-to-end components and work with your team-mates to turn them into reality following best engineering practices.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. We generally keep core working hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us starts the day earlier and the other half of us stay later.
This position involves on-call responsibilities. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· 2+ professional experience working as Software Engineer. Including implementing best practices for the full software development life cycle, such as code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language and ability to work in a polyglot environment
· Experience in data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, scientists and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
· Experience building distributed systems and/or micro services like ECS, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, EMR