Are you looking for the opportunity to have a major impact on cutting edge technology used by millions of people every day? The Amazon Deals team is looking for a Software Development Manager to work on our worldwide feature that helps Amazon customers find great deals on great products.
Amazon Deals are an integral part of the Amazon shopping experience and we are a key element of events like Prime Day. Our features are used by hundreds of millions of customers and we are responsible for the multi-billion dollar Deals business. We partner with teams throughout the Amazon ecosystem to optimize deal ingestion, to enhance classification and ranking of deals, to expand deal discovery throughout the site, and to raise the bar for the best customer experience on mobile app, web, desktop.
We love to work with smart, solution-oriented people that have a strong sense of ownership and customer obsession. We are passionate about building well-designed, robust and scalable software to deliver inspiring user experiences that delight our customers. We offer the opportunity to work with cutting-edge UI technologies and tools, on innovative and sophisticated features that customers love, as part of a team of passionate and experienced professionals in the multi-cultural environment of the Amazon Development Center in Berlin.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to grow and lead a team of engineers, providing vision and direction to build Amazon-scale systems. Your team will be responsible for designing, building, testing and launching innovative new Deals features and services that customers will love. You will partner closely with geographically dispersed business, product and engineering teams throughout Amazon to define and execute against our roadmap on an aggressive schedule.
You’ll need a strong sense of ownership and creativity as well as a focus on the technical operations for your team’s systems. You should have a proven track record of mentoring and earning the trust of engineers. You look forward to working in a high quality, international and diverse environment.
· 4+ years industry experience managing software engineering teams
· Good knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, OO design
· Experience executing and managing projects, prioritizing and defining a clear roadmap
· Strong sense of ownership
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 8+ years industry experience managing software engineering teams building scalable, distributed applications
· Prior work experience as a software engineer
· Experience with developing cloud software services and working with AWS
· Experience with Machine Learning
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.