Do you want to own the highly scalable, massive throughput machine translation service that is at the core of Amazon's product localization? Join the Consumer Localization team and lead a group of software engineers in creating automatically millions of products on all Amazon marketplaces while developing and growing a talented engineering team that delivers on a system that enables many millions of customers worldwide to shop in their native language. Work with engineers and scientists in an organization that deals with some of the largest scale machine learning problems across Amazon.
Consumer Localization is seeking an innovative, committed software development manager that will broaden the vision and solidify the delivery of services and applications to solve core business problems across Amazon and Amazon International Technology. The ideal software manager is interested in Big Data, large-scale distributed systems, and can find an efficient and clear path towards integrating Machine Learning into our system, all the while working with a diverse group of individuals in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
If you join our mission, you will be leading a diverse team of individuals and have the opportunity to:
· Own the products, vision and roadmap for tools that shape the shopping experience of every single Amazon customer worlwide.
· Work with and learn many different technologies every day including Neural Machine Translation and Deep Learning Frameworks, the Python ML and Data Science stack, but also Java and AWS services like Batch, Lambda, SQS, Sagemaker and S3.
· Work on the full stack and entire lifecycle our products, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment of services.
· Interface closely with internal and external customers as well as science/machine learning teams to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward in the project, across the company and externally.
· Own the team charter from end to end: including the product vision, direction, roadmap and the growth of the team.
This is a unique opportunity at Amazon with great exposure: All of Amazon’s customers worldwide will be your customers. Come join us in our beautiful office in the beating heart of Europe - Berlin.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 4+ years of software engineering experience
· 4+ years people management experience
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
· Experience working with Machine Learning technology
· 8+ years people management experience
· 10+ years of software engineering experience
· Understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Experience with Distributed Systems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.