Come and join our team to tackle some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in the world.
The AWS Commerce Platform provides the back and front-end services that enable AWS customers to purchase AWS services and understand and manage their infrastructure costs.
We process trillions of events per month using stream processing techniques (Kinesis), process billions of line items via map reduce (EMR), and manage artifacts through the latest in database technologies (DynamoDB and Aurora). We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand their bills. We also provide the analytics that let customers manage billions of dollars of IT usage and spending. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we also work closely across all AWS teams to ensure that we offer a great customer experience.
Every team needs a manager to reach its goals while leveraging each and every team member strength. If this sounds like you, come and join us.
As a Software Development Manager at AWS, your key responsibilities will include:
· Hiring, leading, and developing a high performing team of engineers responsible for the development of a broad range of the Identity technology stack
· Driving a coherent technology roadmap from sometimes ambiguous requirements balancing a focus on long-term ambitious vision with short and medium term customer requirements
· Participating in the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience
· Being a champion for the user: staying up to date with industry innovations, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers
· Collaborating with colleagues in different countries; ensuring alignment on the long term strategy and vision
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or relevant experience
· 5+ years of software development management experience.
· Success leading significant software or projects from inception through to launch.
· Demonstrated expertise in system-level design.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders.
· Experience in cloud project management (AWS technologies or cloud provider).
· Experience in E-Commerce payments/billing/invoicing processing is a plus
· A passion for building and leveraging a team.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.