The Software Manager - Platform directs the activities of a group of software engineers in the R&D Software platform. This position is responsible for providing both technical leadership and project management including planning and driving projects to a successful conclusion by ensuring that objectives and scope are well defined, resources are allocated appropriately and project schedules are specified accurately.
• Contribute to definition of software processes/process improvements, including processes to support the development of cross-product reusable software. Guide team in adherence to defined processes.
• Guide engineers in software requirements analysis, creation of requirements documentation, software architecture, high-level design, and implementation. Participate in software requirements reviews, hazard analysis meetings, design reviews, and code reviews. Focuses on ongoing improvements in productivity and quality.
• Work closely with other functional groups (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Marketing) as appropriate to influence product design.
• Lead and manage multiple projects in the R&D Software platform.
• Plan projects, provide direction and coordinate the efforts of team members.
• Create and maintain development schedules which includes project budget tracking and management of the overall risks of various projects.
• Function as agile coach, scrum master and mentor for the project team, leveraging existing tools and frameworks to adopt and optimize the agile production development methodologies.
• Drive to keep resources on task and on schedule, manage change, understand project risks and ensure that they get prioritized, highlighted, addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Interact with Stakeholders to ensure successful platform development releases. Will escalate and enlist their support when needed, and set and manage expectations.
• Provide regular updates to all Stakeholders, Management and Partners on project status and deliverables
• Work must be performed according to company standards. In particular, the Software Development Standard Operating Procedure (SDSOP) must be followed.
• May lead software development projects (particularly the development of common/reusable software), including software project planning, monitoring, and status reporting.
• May participate in project coordination across the various divisions of Carl Zeiss Meditec, with the Carl Zeiss Organization, or with third party development organizations.
• Twelve (12) years related experience, including hands-on development and project leadership experience.
• Five (5) years’ experience with technical management of a software team including hiring and performance management.
• Three (3) years Program Management responsibilities/experience
• Two (2) years of Agile or Scrum development and leadership experience.
• Knowledge of C/C++, C#,.Net, MVC and object-oriented design techniques.
• Three (3) years of experience with building cloud based IoT solutions
• Expertise / knowledge in tools/technologies such as Docker, Azure or AWS, Artifactory, Git, TFS.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.