Provide purchasing support for various indirect sourcing and procurement of programs for ZEISS U.S. and work in alignment with strategic sourcing specialists to drive efficiencies.
These responsibilities require strong peer and supplier leadership skills to assure optimum quality, cost, and service. Effectively works across and aligns multiple business groups to monitor the performance of various corporate programs such as Fleet and Fuel Management and Corporate credit cards program management. Monitor suppliers against contractual standards and works with them to achieve improvements in costs and performance.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships and an active network with the Procurement team, Human Resources Team and Finance/Account Payables
- Develop program strategies for Zeiss U.S. to provide the best service and cost savings opportunity benefiting multiple entities.
- Facilitate cross-organizational discussion to understand business needs and achieve consensus and support for initiatives
- Effectively support negotiations and supplier selection to meet quality, service, and cost requirements.
- Support contract negotiations with suppliers for NPM projects.
- Manages and optimizes the supply network for assigned programs
- Strives to optimally leverage suppliers' capabilities and cost position
- Manage and improve strategic partner programs
- Reports monthly KPI's.
- Collaborate in defining and implementing best in class for service programs.
- Actively identify and seek out new opportunities to reduce cost and increase optimization of existing processes (e.g., Fleet Management, Corp Credit Card)
- Support pooling opportunities and NPM programs.
- Supports optimization of process efficiency, methods, and tools used.
- Implements procurement policies and procedures and define guidelines as necessary.
- Initiate and achieve targeted cost reduction programs.
- Perform data analysis of program performance to determine cost saving opportunities.
- Support national programs and RFPs as necessary for categories:
- Travel (US Airlines, US Hotels, supporting rentals, reporting to drive compliance to programs)
- Office Supplies
- Packaging / packaging supplies
- MRO / Shop Supplies / Janitorial & Cleaning / lab supplies – reduce costs by standardizing categories purchases in volumes across the BGs, in collaboration with the BGs.
- Marketing (consolidation, optimization) including Print, Trade Shows and Online Services
- Centralize / Standardize expense categories for spend categories (e.g. marketing) and gain alignment/agreement from all US BGs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience purchasing, indirect buying, negotiations and finance.
- Experience with Fleet Management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead peer and supplier relationships and to build an aligned strategy.
- Knowledgeable in working with Marketing (Trade Shows, Services, Print), Office Supplies, Travel, HR and/or other supplies/services
- Ability to analyze opportunities for cost improvement as well as assess supplier performance (such as quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate, and financial stability).
- Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build effective working relationships with stakeholders and supply partners and facilitate cross-organizational discussions and drive consensus on category strategies
- Strong negotiation skills with knowledge of law and contracts.
- Expertise in project management, procurement methods, and data analysis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in business English, additional languages beneficial
- Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales, manufacturing, management personnel and business process owners.
- Be comfortable acting as an agent of change and be able to keep the “big picture” in focus, in order to create win-win outcomes
- Able to provide reporting on progress in multiple formats to multiple leadership levels within the company
- Able and willing to travel within the US and Internationally.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.