As a Migration & Modernisation Specialist Solutions Architect at AWS, you’ll build technical relationships with customers of all sizes and develop solutions to accelerate their cloud migration journey. You will operate as their trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their journey. You will engage with senior customer leaders and technical stakeholders to help them achieve increased agility and significant business value by leading their migration to AWS.
You’ll manage the overall technical relationship between AWS and our customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate their large scale Migration projects.
Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS features. Externally, The Migration & Modernisation Specialist Solutions Architect works with senior enterprises, helping them to effectively lead their migration assessment readiness and strategy.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelize and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the technical challenges of enterprise level cloud migration projects?
Come and build the future with us!
This role is within the DACH organization and you would be working with Business Development, Professional Services, and our Partner teams to ensure successful management of customer progression.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· construction of large scale Mainframe Migration solutions.
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
· A passion for technology and for learning
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· In-depth knowledge in a technology domain such as: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating models, Software design or development
· Experience working in a customer-facing role or a role which involved public speaking
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
· Knowledge and experience with AS400, CL, RPG and Legacy Unix platforms such as AIX, HP-UX or Solaris
· Experience working on pre-sales initiatives such as RFP, RFI’s etc. for mainframe modernization projects.