Amazon Business is dedicated to serving the needs of business customers and we are focused on building the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world. We are recruiting a handful of the best and brightest to make this vision a reality. B2B represents an opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base. Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent our selection, pricing, ordering and delivery processes to provide the right customer experience for businesses.
Amazon is seeking a driven, strategic, and team-oriented Senior Business Development Manager (m/f/d), Amazon Business.
Key job responsibilities
- Identify, on-board, and manage strategic B2B vendors to increase commercial selection
- Develop relationships with new B2B vendors at executive director and C-suite level
- Communicate with management and senior executives about program direction, strategy, and operational execution
- Partner with B2C Category teams, Sales and Marketing to drive business growth
- Identify partnership roadblocks and establish mechanisms to develop solutions
- Drive market segment analysis to determine vertical-specific go-to-market strategies
- Manage EU5-scoped projects with internal teams and external partners
For this position we expect:
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Extensive E-commerce, Retail or Strategy Consulting experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Very good Excel skills
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
Any of the following further qualifications would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Management or Economics or MBA from leading business school
- Prior B2B Procurement Experience/Negotiation or Business Process Management Experience
- Cross functional experience, especially Finance, Marketing or Supply Chain Management
- Highly analytical skill set with aptitude for figures and data-driven argumentation; experience in SQL
- Experience in building senior level internal and external relationships in a complex and dynamic organization and in influencing cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills and an assertive approach, whilst maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.