Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Amazon Access Points is growing and we are working to create a world class delivery experience for customers through alternate delivery options - lockers and pickup points. If you are passionate about operations and look around corners for ways to serve customers, we want your help.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager Business Planning who will be responsible for the volume planning and strategic guidance to meet productivity targets across all product channels in the EU + MENA region. The job includes owning and developing our forecasting models, lead the planning and reporting processes including driving strategic initiatives to optimize the operations versus our productivity targets. The successful candidate must be able to work directly, in a hands-on way with vast amount of data, interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (Finance, Product, Business Development, etc), The candidate must possess the highest degree of ownership and deliver results mentality to drive the initiatives through with scalability and overall customer satisfaction in mind. The candidate must feel excited about identifying business insights and trends to subsequently leverage for execute performance improvement initiatives. The candidate mus be more than comfortable with ambiguity, possess a highly analytical mind with attention to detail and an excellent problem skills, as well as superb communication, program/project management skills, and strong interpersonal skills as the position will have frequent interaction with senior leadership at Amazon and at our external partners.
The Senior Program Manager Business Planning will:
· Lead the annual planning processes, volume forecasting, reporting, and business analysis to guide of our different products.
· Own reporting and bridge analysis.
· Own the planning model and its continuous improvement.
· Generate business insights and trends to transfer into operational optimizations.
· Deep dive some of the most challenging problems impacting our productivity performance.
· Identify and drive performance improvement initiatives across our different products in the region, engaging with our internal stakeholders (i.e. Finance, Business Development, etc.).
· Track and report program performance using appropriate metrics, and forums.
This job can be based out of Munich, Luxembourg, or London. Some travel required (ca. 20%).
· Bachelors Degree in mathematics, economics or numerically inclined field.
· Prior experience in finance, planning and business leadership experience.
· Significant SQL and Excel experience.
· Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality.
· Top tier analytical skills, with an inclination for problem solving, high attention to detail, and exceptional project management skills.
· Top tier written and verbal communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills and a track record of presenting to senior management.
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
· This role can be based out of Munich, Luxembourg, or London.
· Deep knowledge of Logistics / Transportation field.
· MBA graduate from top business school.
· Experience working with R, Python, or similar in a professional setting.
· Experience on scaling a tech start-up with high tech-literacy.
· Experience leading cross-functional projects and programs.
· Additional fluency in other EU languages (i.e. French/German/Italian/Spanish)