At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we aspire to inventing new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior regulatory expert to join our team. As part of the team, you will manage the strategic direction on working with EU regulators to address their inquiries and examinations related to the services AWS provides to financial services customers.
The successful candidate is one who loves working across many stakeholders to design solutions for complex compliance challenges. We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. We expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. We expect this person to balance their unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will work have an opportunity to work directly with most divisions within AWS service to improve AWS’ ability to demonstrate assurances for regulated customers.
This role facilitates open and transparent relationships with industry regulators. You should be an experienced and industry professional who has the ability to understand IT processes, communicate to regulators, and to be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
· Participate in setting the strategic direction for EU regulatory oversight, starting with in the financial services industry.
· Manage requests and examinations with excellent project management skills.
· Communicate to leadership the status and potential outcomes of the regulatory requests, seek diverse ideas and coordinate improvement efforts.
· Fielding and addressing requests in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
· Dive deep into the AWS control environment to develop broad domain and technical understanding of AWS control activities and implementation to articulate compliance to regulators.
· Bridge communication with regulators and AWS technical communities to articulate control implementation.
· Operate a quality rhythm of the business for managing regulatory expectations.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
· Bachelor's Degree in related fields or relevant experience.
· 10+ years of experience in compliance, audit, risk management or regulatory work.
· 7+ years working in financial services, including direct work with regulatory oversight.
· Experience with monitoring and automating security controls.
· Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
· Have experience in cloud technologies, cloud deployment models (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
· Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes.
· Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls.
· A portfolio of writing samples.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age