Are you looking for the opportunity to have a major impact on cutting edge technology used by millions of people every day? Do you get excited about working on engineering problems will have a large, significant and lasting impact for Amazon customers? Do you want to own your Amazon career path from the very beginning?
Amazon Berlin teams looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer:
Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year and dollars in revenue. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is huge and we need you to imagine and develop innovative cross-device features to realize the future of product search worldwide.
Amazon Community Shopping
The Community Shopping team is responsible for iconic Amazon products such as Customer Reviews, Wish Lists, as well as many emerging products such as Follow, which allows customers to connect with their favorite authors, brands, and reviewers. We are completely reinventing social shopping and looking for team members to build the next generation of experiences that help customers connect, discover, and purchase products they love.
Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and the digital music store. Amazon Music offerings are available in multiple countries, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in a way that enhances their day-to-day lives. We can be found on platforms such as the Amazon Echo, Kindle Fire, iOS, and Android as well as on a mixture of home and auto streaming platforms.
Amazon Image Optimization
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work together with scientists and drive ideas and prototypes all the way into production at scale. The team's overall scope includes, but is not limited to: understanding perceptual image quality, optimising content (file standard compliant), thinking about novel Machine Learning inspired compression approaches and leveraging Computer Vision for content-aware image rendering.
Meet all Amazon Berlin teams and be the owner of the final call!
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 8+ years professional experience in software development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C/C++, Java, Python.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience in low-latency services, optimized for performance, or large-scale data processing systems, or distributed systems.
· Experience in algorithms and data structures, numerical optimisation, parallel and distributed computing.
· Experience building distributed systems and/or micro services like ECS, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, EMR.
· Experience with machine learning frameworks.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.