Are you passionate in building high quality products that users find super-efficient? Want to disrupt an industry by revolutionizing the way people view, manage and analyze huge volumes of data? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact on one of the newest and most exciting AWS services? If so, please read on about the opportunity to be a part of our team.
We are looking for an expert software development engineer to join us to innovate on this new service that addresses the customer needs to set a new standard for data analytics tooling. If you have the skills for building high-performance and secure services that empowers services at massive scale, and are interested in cutting-edge cloud computing, this might be the job for you.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on the latest technology, as we constantly build the latest research concepts into our applications.
· Be part of something big, as you are working on a key pillar of AWSs extensive service portfolio and thousands of Amazon Redshift customers benefit from your contributions.
· Learn from the best, as you are working on challenging engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts that are close to support you.
· Be part of a great team, as we invest a lot to create an inclusive environment that allows you to perform at your best, while maintaining a fun atmosphere.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Amazon Redshift, you will:
· Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, build highly available, secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
· Contribute to planning, architecture design, implementation, testing, and process improvement. Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of software in ambiguous and complex problem spaces.
· Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
· As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices
· Collaborate closely with UX designers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product
· Find out what it takes to engineer secured systems for "Amazon Scale"
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline (or the equivalent)
· Extensive production experience with developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability in a continuous-integration and continuous-deployment environment
· Proven problem-solving skills and knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming and systems design
· Production experience with relational or non-relational database systems
· Proven experience in designing, building, and operating large-scale distributed systems and web services on cloud providers
· Experience with the hiring and mentorship/leadership of junior engineers
· 7+ years of professional experience as an engineer working on highly scalable backend systems, preferably within AWS technologies
· 3+ years of experience in Node.js development.
· A track record of successfully delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Proven experience in being a self-starter who enjoys solving challenging problems and working in a fast-paced, flexible, and collaborative environment
Explore all AWS Germany Senior Software Engineering roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://awsseniorsoftwaregermany.splashthat.com/
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.