The Senior Staff Product Design & Manufacturing Engineer will function as an individual contributor and subject matter expert; leading the development and implementation of manufacturing, quality and reliability processes for new products in remote care. This individual will be responsible for working with internal and external resources to deliver innovative and practical manufacturing solutions that yield highly reliable products. The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic approach, centered around finding solutions to non-traditional problems. The individual should feel comfortable interacting with multiple internal and external design teams and suppliers simultaneously to drive accelerated timelines.
• Collaborates with internal and external design partners to understand overall design choices, assembly and calibration procedures of optomechanical components in order to support transfer of knowledge to manufacturing facilities
• Collaborates with the internal and external design teams to incorporate hardware and software elements that ensure system performance and reliability in non-clinical settings (creating consumer-grade medical devices)
• Oversees the development of production and process control information, prepares technical analysis, recommends manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes
• Leads cost reduction efforts based on potential design and manufacturing process improvements
• Leads tooling and material selection for new products (selection of preferred hard tooling techniques based on volume and performance targets)
• Supports root cause investigations of field failures
• Drives Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/A) activities and process specification definition throughout product development lifecycle.
• Partners with leaders and engineers to ensure that reliability components are appropriately accounted for and documented based on requirements
• Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience.
• Six (6) years’ Experience with system production at large scales (>15,000 units/year), preferably opto-mechanical or opto-electrical systems and products.
• Proven track record of working successfully in a rapidly changing environment with high levels of uncertainty
• Knowledge of or prior work experience in one or more of the following subject areas would be helpful: Medical electronic instruments, ophthalmic instruments, imaging or non-imaging optics
• Experience with consumer electronic products desirable. Experience with medical devices is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work with product management and with other engineering groups in resolving design trade-offs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong collaborator with ability to work cross-functionally.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.